best baby monitor for toddler image
mommybear
I thought about getting my son a toddler bed with our tax return. He's only 17 months old though. Should I wait? He's my only child so I'm not sure what age is a good age to get him used to sleeping in a toddler bed. He's a very restless sleeper, so I'm nervous he may fall out.
Answer
We got our son the Toddler Race Car Bed when he was almost 2 because he kept trying to climb out of the crib as soon as he woke up. We were actually going to wait for Santa to bring it, but a couple months before Christmas was when he started climbing out and almost fell. I was terrified of him falling out and getting hurt!
He was very quiet when he would wake up & even with the baby monitor, sometimes you didn't know if he was just shifting position in his sleep or trying to climb out.
So I went to Toys R Us and bought the toddler bed, the "mattress support board" that does NOT come with it, a cute toddler bed set, and 2 "bed rails" one for each side of the bed.
His crib mattress fit the toddler bed so of course all his crib sheets fit the toddler bed as well.
The "Bed rails" i purchased secured under the mattress and prevented him from rolling out. The legs folded up so they could also be taken on vacation with us.
I also purchased a step-lock gate for his bedroom doorway that had a door to swing open so we didn't have to climb over it. I did NOT want him trying to climb over the gate. This way if he got up during the night, he couldn't escape from his room without us being aware that he was up.
this is what worked for us.
We got our son the Toddler Race Car Bed when he was almost 2 because he kept trying to climb out of the crib as soon as he woke up. We were actually going to wait for Santa to bring it, but a couple months before Christmas was when he started climbing out and almost fell. I was terrified of him falling out and getting hurt!
He was very quiet when he would wake up & even with the baby monitor, sometimes you didn't know if he was just shifting position in his sleep or trying to climb out.
So I went to Toys R Us and bought the toddler bed, the "mattress support board" that does NOT come with it, a cute toddler bed set, and 2 "bed rails" one for each side of the bed.
His crib mattress fit the toddler bed so of course all his crib sheets fit the toddler bed as well.
The "Bed rails" i purchased secured under the mattress and prevented him from rolling out. The legs folded up so they could also be taken on vacation with us.
I also purchased a step-lock gate for his bedroom doorway that had a door to swing open so we didn't have to climb over it. I did NOT want him trying to climb over the gate. This way if he got up during the night, he couldn't escape from his room without us being aware that he was up.
this is what worked for us.
What age do you think a toddler or infant should sleep in her/his own bedroom?
TTC#2
My daughter is 16 months old and has always slept with us. I am trying to get her in her own toddler bed. She sleeps in her toddler bed in our room for a coupld of hours then she gets up and want in bed with us and we let her. How do we get her to sleep all night in her bed and when should we move her out of our bedroom and put her in hers?
Answer
Thats way to long of a time. She should already be sleeping on her own in her own room. Thats what baby monitors are for. Put her in the room and let her cry it out, do not get up, do not give in, she will TEST you. It will get worse before it gets better.
Edit: I can't believe how many people on this site let their kids dictate the sleeping arrangements. You must never have "adult time" with your spouse? How do you manage this with a child in your bed at night?
Thats way to long of a time. She should already be sleeping on her own in her own room. Thats what baby monitors are for. Put her in the room and let her cry it out, do not get up, do not give in, she will TEST you. It will get worse before it gets better.
Edit: I can't believe how many people on this site let their kids dictate the sleeping arrangements. You must never have "adult time" with your spouse? How do you manage this with a child in your bed at night?
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar