angelcare baby monitor set up image
Nikki
I currently have a Graco baby monitor set (seems inexpensive) that I received at my baby shower. I have only used it like 5 times since my son was born 7 months ago... now we are having him sleep in his own crib... and it won't work for some reason. I have recharged the receiveing monitor and tried both channels and it won't work still. Whatever though, I want to buy a new monitor system. I don't want to spend a fortune on a top of the line set.... but I need one with a reasonable price that is actually worth spending money on. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Answer
I love my Motorola (see my source for a review) and Angelcare has a good option too. How much are you looking to spend and do you want video so you can see your son sleeping in his crib or just sound alone?
I love my Motorola (see my source for a review) and Angelcare has a good option too. How much are you looking to spend and do you want video so you can see your son sleeping in his crib or just sound alone?
My baby refuses to sleep on his back!!?
Kim S
My baby absolutely refuses to sleep on his back. He basically did not sleep for his first 2 months of life unless he was being held because he cannot sleep in his crib on his back. I tried placing him on his side but that didn't work either because he would accidentally roll over onto his back and wake up screaming. The wedges designed for side sleeping also didn't work either. After 2 months of this we finally gave up and allowed him to sleep on his stomach. I know all about the risk of SIDS but it also seems very unhealthy and cruel to deprive your child of sleep or force him to sleep in a way that is uncomfortable for him. I don't know what else to do because ever since I allowed him to sleep on his stomach he's been sleeping wonderfully! Has anyone else dealt with this situation and if so did you allow your child to continue to sleep on his back? Did you worry about SIDS?
Answer
If you're that concerned, go out and purchase the AngelCare baby monitor or one that is similar. There's a pad you put under the mattress and it will detect your son's breathing. Turn on the monitor when you put him in bed and before you go and get him out, turn it off. If the monitor doesn't sense your son's breathing after 20 seconds, it sets off an alarm on the parent monitor so that you can hear it, run in and startle him to breathe. He should be fine sleeping on his stomach, especially if he has good head control and if he can roll over if he needs to. Make sure you don't put ANY bedding in with him, don't use crib bumpers, and don't dress him too warmly. He should be fine--make sure the sheet is on really snug, too.
If you're that concerned, go out and purchase the AngelCare baby monitor or one that is similar. There's a pad you put under the mattress and it will detect your son's breathing. Turn on the monitor when you put him in bed and before you go and get him out, turn it off. If the monitor doesn't sense your son's breathing after 20 seconds, it sets off an alarm on the parent monitor so that you can hear it, run in and startle him to breathe. He should be fine sleeping on his stomach, especially if he has good head control and if he can roll over if he needs to. Make sure you don't put ANY bedding in with him, don't use crib bumpers, and don't dress him too warmly. He should be fine--make sure the sheet is on really snug, too.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar