Baby measuring bigger..?




Curious


I was supposed to be 14 weeks pregnant and I know that was correct because I was monitoring my cycles very closely, used a fertility monitor, knew when I ovulated, had 3 blood tests to check hcg levels and they matched up exactly to my ovulation date, had a ultrasound at 5.5 weeks and saw a fetal pole/sac etc.

I had an u/s few days ago and the baby measured 15 weeks rather than 14 weeks. Should I be worried? What are some reasons that the baby would measure bigger? God forbid, it doesn't indicate abnormality, does it?? My obgyn wasn't concerned at all but now that I'm home, I'm worrying.



Answer
All babies grow at different rates. First trimester ultrasounds are most accurate for dating because they date by what organs are formed. Anything after the first trimester can be up to a couple of weeks off because it goes by size.

Where could I find a baby heart rate monitor?




Candice D


How much do they cost?


Answer
Rent one from a website. You want either a 2 mhz (better for overweight moms) or a 3 mhz one. They work great! I rented one for $22 a month (a little less if you rent for multiple months), it is totally worth it. I have been using it for a while and I am now 19 weeks. I listen to my baby's heartbeat every night before I go to sleep.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar