browneyedg
I have a 7 week old baby and I am extremely worried about SIDS. I try to follow all the rules to have at least risk at possible (putting her on her back to sleep, not having unnecessary things in her bed etc.) But I am still worried. My baby sometimes breathes very very lightly, especially when she's in deep sleep.
Anyway I heard about these SIDS monitors that vibrate when there's no movement for a period of time to wake up the baby and remind it to breathe and then alarm the parent when there continues to be no movement. How do they work? I mean, when my baby is sleeping deeply she just doesn't move. I don't want this thing to wake her up every 15 seconds just because she doesn't move. I would prefer something that maybe monitors her breathing. Does anybody have a SIDS montir and are you happy with it?
I'd be happy for any suggestion.
Thanks
Answer
First of all, I'd like to say that I completely understand where you're coming from. My baby is 3.5 months old, and the idea of SIDS terrifies me. I think most new moms are like that. I got a monitor called the Angelcare Deluxe. The sensor goes underneath the crib mattress and picks up even light vibrations if the sensitivity is set correctly (even your daughter's light breathing). You might have a few false alarms and need to play with the sensitivity. The directions it comes with will explain it better than I can. We have had a few false alarms, but mostly when my son moves to the very edge of the crib where it's more difficult for the sensor to pick his movement up (he also breathes lightly sometimes). The false alarms are terrifying, but I'd prefer that to worrying and checking on him all the time. Good luck to you!
First of all, I'd like to say that I completely understand where you're coming from. My baby is 3.5 months old, and the idea of SIDS terrifies me. I think most new moms are like that. I got a monitor called the Angelcare Deluxe. The sensor goes underneath the crib mattress and picks up even light vibrations if the sensitivity is set correctly (even your daughter's light breathing). You might have a few false alarms and need to play with the sensitivity. The directions it comes with will explain it better than I can. We have had a few false alarms, but mostly when my son moves to the very edge of the crib where it's more difficult for the sensor to pick his movement up (he also breathes lightly sometimes). The false alarms are terrifying, but I'd prefer that to worrying and checking on him all the time. Good luck to you!
apnea alarms for babies?
Q. ive been looking on everything and cant seem to find what im looking for. you can get a apnea alarm for under the mattress and its like a pressure disk. does anyone know where i can get one of these??
Answer
New Angelcare Deluxe Movement and Sound Monitor AC402
i got this one with the extra parent set not once have i wondered if his stopped breathing best investment its always handy to have the room temp check his heart rate and that my hubby can listen to him at work
New Angelcare Deluxe Movement and Sound Monitor AC402
i got this one with the extra parent set not once have i wondered if his stopped breathing best investment its always handy to have the room temp check his heart rate and that my hubby can listen to him at work
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar