Monzie
It says it's a 'cradle and swing' but it reclines and looks safer to me than the sleep and play. Here it is
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Cradle-Swing-Little-Snugabunny/dp/B0042D69WY
I am breastfeeding so I will be getting up every hour or so to feed him, he won't be left alone in it. I am just afraid to put him in the cradle we bought and I want him in our room the first month..
EDIT: I have a cradle/bassinet as well but the pad in it is so loud and we've already bought 3 different kinds and I am just afraid if he moved he would wake himself up or if he was sleeping and I put him down the mattress would make him wake up.
We obviously can't put anything down other than the mattress pad/cover cause of sids, so I'm clueless lol.
EDIT: I have a cradle/bassinet as well but the pad in it is so loud and we've already bought 3 different kinds and I am just afraid if he moved he would wake himself up or if he was sleeping and I put him down the mattress would make him wake up.
We obviously can't put anything down other than the mattress pad/cover cause of sids, so I'm clueless lol.
Answer
this is fine for short naps during the day, but babys tend to move about even though they cant turn over for a few months so this is not advisable. its also not flat and made of material that aids good sleep. if you are worried about his cradle why not invest in an angelcare monitor?
when i brought my daughter home i couldnt keep my eyes closed it wore me out because i just wanted to be sure she was okay even though she slept in a crib next to me.
i saw the angel care monitor and it was a blessing! it monitors babys heartbeat and beeps if it becomes irregular, if after 15 seconds it doesnt return to normal it releases an alarm sure to wake you and baby up! it gave me the best nights sleep and during the day i could carry it round with me so i could hear her if she made noises or woke up it was brilliant.
good luck
this is fine for short naps during the day, but babys tend to move about even though they cant turn over for a few months so this is not advisable. its also not flat and made of material that aids good sleep. if you are worried about his cradle why not invest in an angelcare monitor?
when i brought my daughter home i couldnt keep my eyes closed it wore me out because i just wanted to be sure she was okay even though she slept in a crib next to me.
i saw the angel care monitor and it was a blessing! it monitors babys heartbeat and beeps if it becomes irregular, if after 15 seconds it doesnt return to normal it releases an alarm sure to wake you and baby up! it gave me the best nights sleep and during the day i could carry it round with me so i could hear her if she made noises or woke up it was brilliant.
good luck
Does anyone have any advice on not worrying so much about SIDS?
Hello413
I have a 4 month old daughter and for some reason I have been hearing a lot of stories in the past month of babies dying of SIDS. I always have been concerned from birth but it subside as the days past. Now, I can't stop worrying about it. I have to check her every hour in the night. There is nothing in her crib, she sleeps in the night sack (Carters), the room is comfortable - not over heated temp is around 70 and she sleeps on her back. I know I am taking precautions. Any advice anyone can give me to ease my mind?
Answer
I think you're doing all the right things! You can always get an Angelcare monitor system if you can't get over your anxiety about her breathing (it has a pad that goes under the baby's mattress and beeps if she stops breathing for a more than a couple of seconds). It costs about $90, I think, and you can get it at Babies'RUs. But I don't think you really need it.
Have you considered that your anxiety about SIDS might just be one aspect of general anxiety about motherhood? You could always mention this to your pediatrician the next time you see him/her, and let them reassure you that you're already doing a great job caring for your precious lil one! :)
P.S. Here's a new article indicating that using a fan to circulate air in the room reduces the risk of SIDS. Perhaps the air moving around in the room has the same impact on babies as sleeping in the same room (but never the same bed!) as adults, by keeping their sleep patterns more shallow so they can wake themselves up more easily, instead of falling into a really deep sleep.
I think you're doing all the right things! You can always get an Angelcare monitor system if you can't get over your anxiety about her breathing (it has a pad that goes under the baby's mattress and beeps if she stops breathing for a more than a couple of seconds). It costs about $90, I think, and you can get it at Babies'RUs. But I don't think you really need it.
Have you considered that your anxiety about SIDS might just be one aspect of general anxiety about motherhood? You could always mention this to your pediatrician the next time you see him/her, and let them reassure you that you're already doing a great job caring for your precious lil one! :)
P.S. Here's a new article indicating that using a fan to circulate air in the room reduces the risk of SIDS. Perhaps the air moving around in the room has the same impact on babies as sleeping in the same room (but never the same bed!) as adults, by keeping their sleep patterns more shallow so they can wake themselves up more easily, instead of falling into a really deep sleep.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar