Mama <3
she will be in our room until around 6 months of age.
Answer
Okay, I've co-slept. I've put my baby in "a little cage" (still after all these months, resent the term, K...really do). I have an Angelcare monitor. I LOVE it. It gives me such piece of mind.
Also, to offset the co-sleeping bashing...it's NOT dangerous. It's only dangerous if you, your partner, and your bed do not meet the requirements for safe co-sleeping. These things include a firm mattress, thin bedding, little to no pillows...baby should always be close to mum...mum should sleep facing baby in a "C" position with baby tucked in close to mum's body, etc etc. Parents must be light sleepers, not engage in recreational drugs or alcohol, must not smoke... What co-sleeping is NOT is LAZY. That's like calling breastfeeding mothers lazy because we can't be bothered with prepping the formula and cleaning bottles all day!
Yes, my daughter slept in her crib from day 1. Horrible me! The monitor itself has crystal clear sound so there is no loud white noise...which in turn, helps you hear your baby before they begin crying and you can respond more quickly. My daughter never cried even though she was in her own crib, I'd go to her as soon as I heard her shuffling around. She was a healthy, full-term baby so I had no concerns about sleep apnea or anything, but knowing we had that really made me feel better. The only time it would ever go off falsely was when we took her from the crib and didn't turn the monitor off. Even if you do get false alarms (which is something people complain about), I always said that I'd rather hear a false alarm and run to her and see that she's okay than to not get an alarm at all and find out something had happened.
My son now sleeps in a co-sleeper next to me by my side of the bed. He is there for his naps and when I first put him down for the night, until his first waking, which is when he comes into our bed and we *GASP!* co-sleep. I still use that monitor. I adapted the co-sleeper by putting a board under the co-sleeper mattress and using the monitor that way. I turned the sound monitoring off but keep the movement part on, and turn the monitor off completely when he comes into bed with us halfway through the night.
It is VERY handy. If you can afford it, I would recommend it.
Okay, I've co-slept. I've put my baby in "a little cage" (still after all these months, resent the term, K...really do). I have an Angelcare monitor. I LOVE it. It gives me such piece of mind.
Also, to offset the co-sleeping bashing...it's NOT dangerous. It's only dangerous if you, your partner, and your bed do not meet the requirements for safe co-sleeping. These things include a firm mattress, thin bedding, little to no pillows...baby should always be close to mum...mum should sleep facing baby in a "C" position with baby tucked in close to mum's body, etc etc. Parents must be light sleepers, not engage in recreational drugs or alcohol, must not smoke... What co-sleeping is NOT is LAZY. That's like calling breastfeeding mothers lazy because we can't be bothered with prepping the formula and cleaning bottles all day!
Yes, my daughter slept in her crib from day 1. Horrible me! The monitor itself has crystal clear sound so there is no loud white noise...which in turn, helps you hear your baby before they begin crying and you can respond more quickly. My daughter never cried even though she was in her own crib, I'd go to her as soon as I heard her shuffling around. She was a healthy, full-term baby so I had no concerns about sleep apnea or anything, but knowing we had that really made me feel better. The only time it would ever go off falsely was when we took her from the crib and didn't turn the monitor off. Even if you do get false alarms (which is something people complain about), I always said that I'd rather hear a false alarm and run to her and see that she's okay than to not get an alarm at all and find out something had happened.
My son now sleeps in a co-sleeper next to me by my side of the bed. He is there for his naps and when I first put him down for the night, until his first waking, which is when he comes into our bed and we *GASP!* co-sleep. I still use that monitor. I adapted the co-sleeper by putting a board under the co-sleeper mattress and using the monitor that way. I turned the sound monitoring off but keep the movement part on, and turn the monitor off completely when he comes into bed with us halfway through the night.
It is VERY handy. If you can afford it, I would recommend it.
Do you put your baby to sleep on their belly?!? (be honest)?
.
How many of you mommies put their babies to sleep on their bellies? How old were you when you started doing it? How many mommies have babies that prefer their bellies(ie you put them to sleep on their backs and they turn to their bellies)?
My daughter just turned 4 months old and has been sleeping on her belly since day 1... she slept in our bed on my chest on her belly until week 4 (but my husband is a crazy sleeper so I thought it would be safe if we switched her to her crib) and so at week 4 we got an angelcare breathing monitor and put her in her crib and the only way she would sleep for more than 15 min is on her belly... she can now roll both ways and even if we put her on her back to play she will roll to her belly... she just hates her back!! haha
***So save your SIDs comments and lectures I know about SIDs, I've done my research, I had a friend who lost a baby to SIDs (who was a back sleeper) so no need to rant about how you aren't supposed to do it***
Answer
eek! I keep it a secret mostly but my kiddo has been on his belly since week 3 maybe. He's 3 months now and hes been sleeping through the night since he has been on his belly. Hes fine :) If i tried to lay him on his back he would holler instantly. We tried the side and that worked for a week or so but then the hollering started again!!
My son is so funny. He can roll now so sometimes he will get on his back and just scream his little head off until someone turns him back around! Or sometimes he will end up on his back and just play :) its the cutest thing to go get your baby and have him on his back smiling at you!
I think moms know best for their babies.
eek! I keep it a secret mostly but my kiddo has been on his belly since week 3 maybe. He's 3 months now and hes been sleeping through the night since he has been on his belly. Hes fine :) If i tried to lay him on his back he would holler instantly. We tried the side and that worked for a week or so but then the hollering started again!!
My son is so funny. He can roll now so sometimes he will get on his back and just scream his little head off until someone turns him back around! Or sometimes he will end up on his back and just play :) its the cutest thing to go get your baby and have him on his back smiling at you!
I think moms know best for their babies.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar