fore4kicks
Which cards are the best for HD and what spec on a moniter will allow me to play in HD even if it is slightly not as good of a picture
TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW
Answer
I have ordered this, should be in today
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815327005&Tpk=hdhomerun
I researched pretty carefully. What I found is that none of the internal HDTV tuners provide a good picture. This baby provides a picture over Ethernet, and has 2 separate HD tuners so that you can watch and record or record two shows simultaneously. Reviews at NewEgg say that it produces pictures identical to HDTV broadcast. What it doesn't have: any analog support. I can't plug my VCR into this and play tapes on my computer.
This
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815315002
is supposed to be almost as good, does *not* run over ethernet (which means that only 1 PC can access HDTV), and has only 1 tuner (only 1 program taped or watched at a time). On the other hand, it does support analag input (VCR).
HDTV has a top spec of 1080p (1920 x 1080 resolution), a "medium" spec of 720p (1280 x 720). Both of these tuners, if I understand correctly, provide a raw HDTV resolution, which means 1080i or 720p. What you need to watch these is a monitor capable of the appropriate horizontal resolution. You can look at newegg for a monitor that fits the bill. Note that this is different when you are buying a flatscreen TV. You can run a square-pixel HDTV in a window on your computer monitor, resolving any problems. An HDTV *dedicated* TV screen needs to have a 16 x 9 ratio or the picture will be / can be stretched. Personally, I will be using my 21" CRT monitor, as it is capable of 1920 x 1600 resolution. I will simply use a window that is 1920 x 1080 to get the proper ratio. 1920 widescreen LCD monitors are pretty expensive for a decent one (WUXGA). This is one of the cheapest 5-star newegg WUXGA
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824155054
Note that these devices require an HDTV signal. I will be using antenna (over the air HDTV broadcast). If your cable signal does not deliver actual HDTV signals, and you plan on using cable, these devices *may* not work as you desire. I believe that both of these decode standard cable signals, but you will want to verify that these devices correctly decode your cable signal, or that your cable signal is true HDTV, if you expect to get HDTV from your cable. Indeed, most cable does not broadcast actual (true) HDTV (though some satellite and digital cable services do).
Jim
I have ordered this, should be in today
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815327005&Tpk=hdhomerun
I researched pretty carefully. What I found is that none of the internal HDTV tuners provide a good picture. This baby provides a picture over Ethernet, and has 2 separate HD tuners so that you can watch and record or record two shows simultaneously. Reviews at NewEgg say that it produces pictures identical to HDTV broadcast. What it doesn't have: any analog support. I can't plug my VCR into this and play tapes on my computer.
This
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815315002
is supposed to be almost as good, does *not* run over ethernet (which means that only 1 PC can access HDTV), and has only 1 tuner (only 1 program taped or watched at a time). On the other hand, it does support analag input (VCR).
HDTV has a top spec of 1080p (1920 x 1080 resolution), a "medium" spec of 720p (1280 x 720). Both of these tuners, if I understand correctly, provide a raw HDTV resolution, which means 1080i or 720p. What you need to watch these is a monitor capable of the appropriate horizontal resolution. You can look at newegg for a monitor that fits the bill. Note that this is different when you are buying a flatscreen TV. You can run a square-pixel HDTV in a window on your computer monitor, resolving any problems. An HDTV *dedicated* TV screen needs to have a 16 x 9 ratio or the picture will be / can be stretched. Personally, I will be using my 21" CRT monitor, as it is capable of 1920 x 1600 resolution. I will simply use a window that is 1920 x 1080 to get the proper ratio. 1920 widescreen LCD monitors are pretty expensive for a decent one (WUXGA). This is one of the cheapest 5-star newegg WUXGA
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824155054
Note that these devices require an HDTV signal. I will be using antenna (over the air HDTV broadcast). If your cable signal does not deliver actual HDTV signals, and you plan on using cable, these devices *may* not work as you desire. I believe that both of these decode standard cable signals, but you will want to verify that these devices correctly decode your cable signal, or that your cable signal is true HDTV, if you expect to get HDTV from your cable. Indeed, most cable does not broadcast actual (true) HDTV (though some satellite and digital cable services do).
Jim
How much is my PC worth?
God Wills
K, i build myself a high end gaming PC and am looking to get rid of my multimedia Desktop.
It has 2Gb of PC3200 RAM. Windows XP.250GB 7200RPM HD.6150LE Graphics Card. AMD Athlon 4000+ 2.4Ghz. TV Tuner/Card and remote. DVD RW Lightscribe. 19 inch monitor.
Do you think I can push this baby for $450+ on ebay?
Answer
if you throw a monitor in there then yes but without a monitor i see it coming closer to 400
if you throw a monitor in there then yes but without a monitor i see it coming closer to 400
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar