ambertmbg1
Has anyone had one of these? If you have, I would love to hear your experience with it.
I've found a few online reviews, but I still have some questions.
Were you ever bothered with it going off too much?
Do you think it has actually saved your child's life?
I am way nervous about sleeping when my baby comes in about 2 weeks, so I bought this monitor today thinking it could help me rest easy. What were your experiences with it?
Now you're gonna think I'm crazy. The baby will be in my room. My thing is the motion sensor...you can't hear your kid not breathing. I know this because I've lost a child.
Anyway...I'm mainly interested in the movement alarm. It alarms after there's no movement for 20 seconds.
I was just thinking...I'm planning on buying a video monitor also for when I'm not in the room. Am I just insane? Is that overkill?
Answer
The angelcare monitor is definitely worth it! It totally lets you rest easy!
I've used it twice now. First time with my son (now 3 yrs). We had several false alarms. We were using a small board under the mattress. When we put a piece of plywood that was the exact size of the mattress, we never had another false alarm.
Now with my daughter (now 3 mths), we've never had a false alarm. This is a new monitor, not the same one from my son, btw.
The plywood thing is much easier than it sounds. The pre-cut sheets are already the exact right size for the crib!
Has it actually saved my children's lives? Well, no, I haven't had that experience. However, my labor & delivery nurse had personal experience with its' lifesaving qualities!
I really think you will be pleased. Best of luck!
The angelcare monitor is definitely worth it! It totally lets you rest easy!
I've used it twice now. First time with my son (now 3 yrs). We had several false alarms. We were using a small board under the mattress. When we put a piece of plywood that was the exact size of the mattress, we never had another false alarm.
Now with my daughter (now 3 mths), we've never had a false alarm. This is a new monitor, not the same one from my son, btw.
The plywood thing is much easier than it sounds. The pre-cut sheets are already the exact right size for the crib!
Has it actually saved my children's lives? Well, no, I haven't had that experience. However, my labor & delivery nurse had personal experience with its' lifesaving qualities!
I really think you will be pleased. Best of luck!
What type of baby monitors are best?
baby movement monitors, sound monitors
Answer
If your going for a movement monitor, AngelCare is the absolute best! It has a bunch of different really cool features and works really good. Mine came with two receivers, both cordless with their own recharging stands. They tell the room temperature right on the receiver and you can set it so that if the temp changes so many degrees and alarm will go off. Another really great feature that I love is that you can shut off the sound coming out of the hand held receiver, but it turns on as soon as the baby makes any noise. I'm a sound sleeper and it takes a lot to wake me, so I have to have the volume turned way up on the receiver. With most monitors, having the volume way up, you hear a loud white noise. Being able to turn on the feature means that there is no white noise, but when the baby makes noise it's still loud enough to wake a deep sleeper up.
There are still a few other features that are nice. And it's pretty easy to use. You should take a look at it. I did pay somewhere around $150 for mine though, so you'd have to be willing to put in the investment. Which was definitely worth it!
ETA: This is the one I have:
http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/United-States/en/products/angelcare-monitor-AC401-deluxe
I actually still use it with my 15 month old, movement sensor and all. I have no false alarms even with her moving off the center of the mattress. I don't really need the movement monitor anymore, I'm kind of over that anxiety, but I just haven't un-hooked it. Plus, it will be nice if (more like when) she learns to escape from her crib.
If your going for a movement monitor, AngelCare is the absolute best! It has a bunch of different really cool features and works really good. Mine came with two receivers, both cordless with their own recharging stands. They tell the room temperature right on the receiver and you can set it so that if the temp changes so many degrees and alarm will go off. Another really great feature that I love is that you can shut off the sound coming out of the hand held receiver, but it turns on as soon as the baby makes any noise. I'm a sound sleeper and it takes a lot to wake me, so I have to have the volume turned way up on the receiver. With most monitors, having the volume way up, you hear a loud white noise. Being able to turn on the feature means that there is no white noise, but when the baby makes noise it's still loud enough to wake a deep sleeper up.
There are still a few other features that are nice. And it's pretty easy to use. You should take a look at it. I did pay somewhere around $150 for mine though, so you'd have to be willing to put in the investment. Which was definitely worth it!
ETA: This is the one I have:
http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/United-States/en/products/angelcare-monitor-AC401-deluxe
I actually still use it with my 15 month old, movement sensor and all. I have no false alarms even with her moving off the center of the mattress. I don't really need the movement monitor anymore, I'm kind of over that anxiety, but I just haven't un-hooked it. Plus, it will be nice if (more like when) she learns to escape from her crib.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar