Is the AngelCare heart monitor a real handy tool and worth the expense?

angelcare baby monitor parts
 on Ameda Cool 'N Carry Cooler Bag + 3 x Freezer Packs + 6 x Bottles
angelcare baby monitor parts image



Mama <3


she will be in our room until around 6 months of age.


Answer
Okay, I've co-slept. I've put my baby in "a little cage" (still after all these months, resent the term, K...really do). I have an Angelcare monitor. I LOVE it. It gives me such piece of mind.

Also, to offset the co-sleeping bashing...it's NOT dangerous. It's only dangerous if you, your partner, and your bed do not meet the requirements for safe co-sleeping. These things include a firm mattress, thin bedding, little to no pillows...baby should always be close to mum...mum should sleep facing baby in a "C" position with baby tucked in close to mum's body, etc etc. Parents must be light sleepers, not engage in recreational drugs or alcohol, must not smoke... What co-sleeping is NOT is LAZY. That's like calling breastfeeding mothers lazy because we can't be bothered with prepping the formula and cleaning bottles all day!

Yes, my daughter slept in her crib from day 1. Horrible me! The monitor itself has crystal clear sound so there is no loud white noise...which in turn, helps you hear your baby before they begin crying and you can respond more quickly. My daughter never cried even though she was in her own crib, I'd go to her as soon as I heard her shuffling around. She was a healthy, full-term baby so I had no concerns about sleep apnea or anything, but knowing we had that really made me feel better. The only time it would ever go off falsely was when we took her from the crib and didn't turn the monitor off. Even if you do get false alarms (which is something people complain about), I always said that I'd rather hear a false alarm and run to her and see that she's okay than to not get an alarm at all and find out something had happened.

My son now sleeps in a co-sleeper next to me by my side of the bed. He is there for his naps and when I first put him down for the night, until his first waking, which is when he comes into our bed and we *GASP!* co-sleep. I still use that monitor. I adapted the co-sleeper by putting a board under the co-sleeper mattress and using the monitor that way. I turned the sound monitoring off but keep the movement part on, and turn the monitor off completely when he comes into bed with us halfway through the night.

It is VERY handy. If you can afford it, I would recommend it.

Have you used the AngelCare moniters?




*Beep Beep


I was just looking through one of my pregnancy magazines and came across an add for this moniter. Its the one where you put it under the baby's mattress and it picks up on their breathing movements to alet you when there not breathing. It looks pretty cool....so did any of you moms/dads use it? like it? hate it? lol.....thanks.


Answer
We bought an AngelCare monitor and used it until our son was about 4 months old. The sensor pad is not big enough to cover the entire crib, so once our son was rolling around the alarm would go off randomly all the time, so we turned the sensor off. Our model allows us to use the monitor like a normal monitor now, which is nice so we didn't need to buy another one.

We recommend it to all of our friends having babies. It was so reassuring to us to know that if there was an issue, we would be alerted of it. The alarm did occasionally go off (like maybe once a week) when he was a new tiny baby, I think just because he was really light and the pad is very sensitive. My favorite part about it was that on the base monitor there is a little green light that flashes with each breathe/movement. I loved being able to just peak in his room and see that light flashing and know he was fine.

When we stopped using it, it was a huge adjustment for us and we didn't sleep well for a few nights because we worried, but then we had to remember that most people don't have sensor pads in their cribs and things are just fine. Anyway, I'd say go for it!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar